We aim to maintain your trust and confidence by handling your personal information with respect. We take data security seriously and want our customers to be assured that we are protecting any personal data that we hold in full compliance with the law. This Privacy Notice details what data we handle, why and what steps we’ve taken to ensure all data is adequately protected.
This privacy notice details how we use information collected by our website: www.wefest.co.uk and our ticket purchase website(s).
These sites are managed in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation in the UK. The data controller is Music Living Ltd of Halstead Close, Croydon, Surrey CR0 1TZ (“WEFEST”).
The Data & Data Use
Here is listen the information we collect about festival attendees, website users and any persons opt in to WeFest communications.
- Name: we only store this for those purchasing tickets via our official ticket partner. This is in order to identify festival ticket holders uniquely (by name of booker) and in interest of on-site safety on the day of the event.
- Email: we store this for people who have opted into the WeFest mailing list for update communications, or who buy or pre-register for tickets. We will only send you relevant information about WeFest and related events. This will be communicated via both email and social media.
- Photo/videos: professional photos/videos will be taken/filmed at the festival, and may be used for promotional purposes after the event. By attending the festival, you are agreeing being photographed/captured on video and to the use of this material without your specific consent.
- Phone number: we require this for all attendees whether purchasing tickets via our website or official ticket partner. This is the in interest of on-site safety on the day of the event. Customers may also provide their mobile phone number when registering for tickets or communications/updates. In this case, this information may be used to communicate news/announcements about WeFest tickets via text message.
- Email: we only require this for all attendees via our website or official ticket partner. This is the in interest of on-site safety on the day of the event. Customers may also provide their mobile phone number when registering for tickets or communications/updates. In this case, this information may be used to communicate news/announcements about WeFest via email.
- Address: we require this for all attendees via our website or official ticket partner. This is the in interest of on-site safety on the day of the event.
With the current government guidelines, it is a requirement for all attendees to provide the stated data to assist the current NHS Track and Trace program.
- Other use of this information
- Other than as set out above, we will not disclose any of your personal information without your permission unless we are required by law to do so (for example, if required to do so by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime).
- Cookies – When you visit this website we may store some information (commonly known as a “cookie”) on your computer, to help us customise content and to analyse traffic to the website.
- Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means that they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. A cookie helps you get the best out of our website and helps us provide you with a more customised experience when you visit.
- You can block or erase cookies from your computer if you want to (your browser’s help screen should tell you how to do this).
In accord with relevant data protection legislation, we will not retain your information for longer than is necessary for the purposes listed above, or until you opt out of our marketing communications. If you require further information about our information retention policies, please contact us.
Under UK and EU data protection legislation, you have a number of rights with respect to your information. These include:
- The right to be informed about the information we hold about you
- The right of access to the information we hold about you
- The right to have any errors rectified
- The right to withdraw consent (where consent is the basis of processing)
- The right to object to processing
If you have any questions about the information we hold, how we use it or how to exercise these rights, please contact us using the contact details above.
This site utilizes caching in order to facilitate a faster response time and better user experience. Caching potentially stores a duplicate copy of every web page that is on display on this site. All cache files are temporary, and are never accessed by any third party, except as necessary to obtain technical support from the cache plugin vendor. Cache files expire on a schedule set by the site administrator, but may easily be purged by the admin before their natural expiration, if necessary.